- Germany’s third wave needs drastic measures, says health chief
- Cancelling Tokyo Olympics ‘remains an option’ says Japanese politician
- Use ‘garlic-breath distancing’ to stay Covid-safe, says expert
- Oxford/AstraZeneca Covid vaccine research ‘was 97% publicly funded’
- US company illegally peddling ‘miracle cure’ bleach for new variants
Brazil registered 3,560 new Covid-19 deaths on Thursday and 73,174 further cases, according to data released by the country’s health ministry.
The South American country has now registered 365,444 total deaths and 13,746,681 cases, Reuters reports.
Anthony Fauci, the leading U.S. infectious disease doctor, hopes U.S. regulators will make a quick decision to lift a pause on the Johnson & Johnson vaccine and get that vaccine “back on track,” he said in an interview with Reuters.
His comments come after a panel of advisers to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) delayed a vote on whether to resume the J&J shots for at least a week, until it had more data on the risk.